Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How To: Fill In Your Eyebrows Perfectly

Hey girls!                                                                                                                                                    

Today I wanted to share with you something that I have been struggling with for a ver long time: filling my eyebrows. I always made them way too thick, too dark, or they looked really drawn on and fake. After tonnes of trial and error, I finally figured out how to fill them in the right way. That way, they're even and they are just the shape I want them to be.

You know, I only started filling my eyebrows a few months ago but now, if there was only one thing I could do in terms of makeup, it would be my brows. I believe they really do frame the face. Let me give you the secret to have perfect brows. The three important categories to think about when filling your eyebrows are colour, shape, and the look. Let's begin!

Colour is a very important aspect to think about when filling in your eyebrows. In makeup there are lots of products that you actually have to match such as foundation or concealer. When it comes to your brows, matching the powder or pencil perfectly actually does not look the best. If you have light hair and you match the colour exactly, your brows won't even show. If you dark hair, it might look too bold, drawn on, and just unnatural. Here's a rule of thumb for you to follow: If you have light brows, use a product that is one or two shades darker. If you have dark brows, use a product that is one or two shades lighter. 

Shape is critical because if the frame of your face isn't even then your face won't look right; just odd. An important thing to remember is, always follow the hairs of your eyebrows; don't create a new shape. However, if you have a large gap somewhere I recommend getting a stencil in order to guide you so that your brows are as even as possible. You can also use them when plucking or waxing your eyebrows at home. Eyebrow stencils are really easy to find in stores or online. Click here to get some.

The look of your eyebrows is based on what you're going for: bold and intense or soft and natural. You can achieve either one of these looks but, it depends on the type of product you use and the way you apply it. I have always heard that if you use a powder product to fill in your eyebrows you will get a softer look than if you use a pencil product. I do believe that is somewhat true because I still think you can get a soft natural look when using a pencil, you just have to apply it in soft feather-like strokes and, make sure to blend it out well. When using soft feathery strokes, the small strokes almost look like hairs so it looks natural. Even if you want a more bold, intense look to your eyebrows, you have to make sure that they don't look fake or drawn on. You still want it to look like they're your real brows so, be careful. All you have to do to get a bolder brow is apply a little more pressure to the pencil or, brush on a little more product. I don't recommend using a darker product though. 

What to Use
You could an eyebrow pencil of course but a cheaper alternative would be an eyeliner. For some reason a product is double the price whenever the word "eyebrow" is in the product name. Make sure that there is absolutely no sparkle or shimmer in it at all. Good eyebrow powder can be pretty expensive too (though I hear the E.L.F Brow Kit is pretty good). you can however, use a matte eyeshadow. I recommend looking for what MAC eyeshadow would be good for your hair colour and if it's out of your budget, look for a dupe online :) Sorry I can't help you there, MAC is out of my league :p As for tools. If your into the powder products then you should get a small angled brush for good control. I also think a spooley could come in handy when blending. An old, clean mascara wand would work just as well though.

I use Maybelline's Unstoppable Eyeliner in Cinnabar for my brows :)


So that's it! I hope my guide to perfect-looking brows has helped you a little. There is one thing that you MUST remember when doing your eyebrows: Eyebrows are sisters, not twins.

Feel free to leave me any questions in the comments! 

Thanks for reading! :)

Em <3

No comments:

Post a Comment